Video by Russia Direct team
On October 15, Russia Direct hosted a webcast – “Russia’s strategy against financial sanctions” – that covered the following questions:
- How will sanctions against the Russian financial sector affect it?
- What steps is Russia ready to take to protect its economy and financial sector and how realistic are these initiatives?
- What do all these measures mean and what are the possible consequences for both ordinary Russians and foreign investors?
Moderated by Ksenia Smertina, the Associate Publisher of Russia Direct, the webinar included the following participants:
- Oleg Buklemishev, Director of the Center for Economic Policy Studies at Moscow State University’s Department of Economics, Associate Professor in the department of Economics at Moscow State University (MGU);
- Christopher A. Hartwell, President of the Center for Social and Economic Research in Warsaw, a Research Professor at Kozminski University, and Visiting Fellow at the Institute for Emerging Market Studies, Moscow School of Management - SKOLKOVO.
Also read our RD Brief, “Moscow’s Strategy Against Financial Sanctions,” which outlines the Kremlin’s response to sanctions and presents a set of recommendations for how to deal with increasing economic pressures.