Join Russia Direct's panel discussion about the challenges of Russian Hi-Tech/Science Cities and Innovation that will take place on June 25, in New York.
The RD panel discussion "Future of Russian Hi-Tech/Science Cities and Innovation." Photo: Russia Direct
Read the recent article about the results of the pannel discussion "Future of Russian Hi-Tech/Science Cities and Innovation" here
On June 25, Russia Direct conducted a panel discussion "Future of Russian Hi-Tech/Science Cities and Innovation," shortly after the release of its new report "Insider’s guide to Russian high-tech hubs." The report highlights the early successes and challenges of Russia’s modernization drive, with an emphasis on the role of the state in guiding and supporting innovation efforts at the local level, primarily through the creation of new science parks.
The RD panel discussion "Future of Russian Hi-Tech/Science Cities and Innovation" [The full video discussion]
New efforts to modernize the Russian economy have taken on even greater significance since the implementation of Western sanctions and the recent volatility in global energy markets. As a result, a renewed focus on technological innovation could be one way to diversify the Russian economy and insulate it from external economic shocks. But will Russia succeed, given its economic isolation from the West?
The participants of the RD panel discussion "Future of Russian Hi-Tech/Science Cities and Innovation." Photo: Russia Direct
The discussion brought together the following speakers:
- Axel Tillmann, the CEO of RVC‐USA, the US subsidiary of Russian Venture Company. Previously he held positions with Alpha Consult, Azure Technologies, ENIRA Technology and GBS Laboratories;
- Cathleen Campbell, the CEO of CRDF Global. She has been active in CRDF Global’s many science and innovation programs with Russia, including current programs to nurture technology entrepreneurs and to support
- Mikhail Kalugin, Head of Economic Section at the Embassy of the Russian Federation to the U.S.;
- Igor Balk, Managing Member of Global Innovation Labs LLC.
- Taras Polischuk, an HR technology expert and an investment professional. He heads Business Development for GlobalHRU, an international event company and advises Talent Equity Ventures (TEqV).Taras is also a Board Member for Talent Tech Labs, a New York-based incubator.
- Dr. Nikolay Vasilyev, Staff Scientist at the Department of Cardiac Surgery at Boston Children’s Hospital and an Instructor in Surgery at the Division of Surgery at Harvard Medical School. He is a co-founder and current President of the Russian American Science Association.
This two-hour discussion will be followed by a cocktail reception.
The audience of the RD panel discussion "Future of Russian Hi-Tech/Science Cities and Innovation." Photo: Russia Direct